About Me

My photo
I'm an overly dramatic individual doing my best to be a rock star wife that goes in tow where the Army sends her husband... This isn't always an easy task at times... I'm don't find myself to be the most witty, funny or interesting but others tell me that I am... I'll just be cooking and traveling through my sad (probably pathetic) attempt at blogging!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

An Organized Dream

Thanks to Pinterest, I'm becoming a lot more interested in making my own stuff... Like cleaning products and laundry soap (supplies for these things have just arrived, so that will all be getting made soon)! I am also oogling and drooling over future organization projects, as well as cooking up a storm of new recipes! On one of my many endless scrollings through Pinterest, I came across this blog posting.  Read it and then come back and keep reading here....

I totally laughed at the end, cause I was like holy shit this lady is like freaking super woman times 10! Then I thought about some of it.... It's totally doable since I have nothing better to do and no kids! I don't know about making an official 90 day meal plan, but I could totally get my recipes organized off of the laptop so I can just pull the recipes out for the week. Also I should probably make print outs of the recipes so we don't have an accident involving my lap top and some sort of liquid mishap in the kitchen....

I'm already pretty darn good and keeping crap and clutter out of the house... If I could find some sort of clothing donation down here I would be getting rid of some clothes and making the husband get rid of A LOT of clothes (seriously... how many pairs of socks does a man need? They barely fit in the drawer..... I too have a few too many socks for myself so there isn't much room to talk). I'm sure the office secretary (I'm going to go with secretary as a code word for Wonder Woman, because she does entirely too much to help out the office) Claudia knows, but she is a busy lady and I don't want to force Scott into bothering over that right now... But if he remembers and has the time to ask her about it and she has the time to answser, then that would be great!

Now we come to this, "beautifully organized into colorfully labeled containers.  If you're ever visiting and you need something, just ask me - I totally know where it all is.". This is something I dream and strive for, but can't do because I want the pretty, colorful, cute, quality stuff and that just isn't really available down here... I find the cute stuff online, but then it's only available in the store or won't ship to APO/DPO/FPO... So this will be on pause for now....

We'll skip all that kid stuff for now since I don't have any of those little buggers and don't plan on trying for one for a couple of years, so I've got some time to get all that planned out... As for the budget, Husband has that pretty much under control and I get some money from him every pay day (since I don't work right now) and if I need more I can just ask, but I do try to stick to spending with in what I'm given... I"m trying to budget better with planning meals every week so I'm not taking those daily trips to the store in which I can never just buy one thing.... I just feel silly if I do... I think later on we will sit down and figure out a more defined food budget, etc...

I doubt I'll ever have a "gift" closet... and we can't really use all those handy apps while we are down here... so skip! And we'll skip the gym part because I have a gym in the building and then there is the Malecon to go walk/run on... but I just need to find the inner motivation to use either....

The photos........ yes! This is something that is going to get done! I might even start on this today :) I can totally organize my photos on this laptop... the daunting part of that task would be the waiting for the photos to upload to a back up site....

As for that date night, yes I think when children are in the picture, it will be important to try and have that set in stone date night... maybe not every week, but once a month would be good....

When she gets to that ultimate satisfaction part and then realizes it was just a dream... I hope that by starting now, before children, I can stand in the middle of my living room someday and have that satisfaction, only to realize it is reality and not a dream.......


No comments:

Post a Comment