About Me

My photo
I'm an overly dramatic individual doing my best to be a rock star wife that goes in tow where the Army sends her husband... This isn't always an easy task at times... I'm don't find myself to be the most witty, funny or interesting but others tell me that I am... I'll just be cooking and traveling through my sad (probably pathetic) attempt at blogging!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hello Peru!

So far I have to say that I like it here... There are a couple things I don't like such as my lack of spanish skills and that Scott has to leave on Sunday for some training but what can I do?

Getting here was not my favorite part... It came complete with being stuck on my plane from Seattle to NY for 2 hours longer than expected followed by a not so mild meltdown at JFK.... My poor mother having to listen to my constant babbling of "How the fuck do I get from terminal 2 to terminal 4???" I couldn't find a map let alone anyone to help me.... There was only one random man getting into an elevator that could tell how lost and confused I was and guided me in the right direction! So because of that man I lean towards not all NY people are rude... Once I got where I needed to go I couldn't check in till 4am and then I couldn't find a decent place to sit down and charge my phone which resulted in me feeling more frustrated and having said meltdown.... Probably didn't help myself much having only had a caesar salad and a granola bar.... Once I got a crappy nap and wasn't so cranky it was time to check in and then I finally felt like I was getting closer to getting to my new home :)

Flying into Columbia was beautiful! Thank god I actually woke up for that... I was in a light sleep the entire 6 hours... I am going to publically apologize to the guy next to me if I snored for those 6 hours... My bad... If I didn't snore than I hope I was still a good sleeping passenger to sit next to... We actually landed a little early and all my fears of not making it to my next flight on time were quickly gone once I found out that my plane to Peru was taking off at gate 9 and I was at gate 8 :)

My flight from Columbia was kind of annoying since they gave me an emergacy exit seat and I don't speak spanish so they moved me which resulted in 2 girls who had the seat I got moved to being mad at me... First of all it's not my fault I got moved to where I got moved to and it's also not my fault that both of them had seat 12A... Then the flight attendant never gave me my boarding pass back... Once I gave up on getting that back and made my way down to get my Visa, I was rather happy Scott had emailed me what I needed to say in Spanish because that chic was not understanding why I wanted to stay for 183 days in english... Once she read the paper she put 183 days and sent me onto customs.... I had to fill out the form 3 times cause the first one they gave me was in spanish and I didn't get it and then I didn't need to declare the wine I brought so 3rd time is a charm right??

Well lucky me! I get to have my bags searched!!! Of course the guy wants to search the heaviest one that needs to go on the bottom of my luggage cart..... That I was not a fan of... It worked out okay cause the platform they had it on to search was just high enough I could just push it right ontop of the other suitcase.... Once I was all loaded up again on the luggage cart I made my way to freedom!

I really wish Scott had remembered his camera to get video of little me pushing my really big luggage pile towards him.... This is where I would like to disagree with Scott on what I did when I saw him... He would say I burst into tears and I would like to say a few leaked out before gently streaming down my face out of pure joy and hapiness... I finally got to see my love after 5 months... The drive home wasn't too horrible... We didn't get to go along the ocean like he had planned because they closed that road due to the pending tsunami....

Finally at home <3 and finally a shower! On a good note apparently I'm still found to be attractive after 24 hours of no shower and barely any sleep :) The plan to call my parents didn't work out so good since the internet decided to be down and I could not use our magic jack phone.... Apparently next time I should just risk incuring a bunch of international fees to avoid wide spread panic amongst both sets of parents.... Oopsie! I had to wait to get up to the starbucks that has wifi after dinner to use the vonage app...

After another emotional crying incident later that night... probably influenced by being tired and too many Scottie Scotch's summertime strawberry lemonades.... I woke up on saturday feeling like ass to find out the power was out.... Welcome to Peru! first no internet and then no power lol.... Once I got moving and nibbled on a sandwich we headed out so I could get a hair dryer and curling iron... Those were purchased at the super walmart of peru... Then we went to Wong's which is a grocery store... After bringing the groceries home and a conversation with my mom since the power was back on we took a walk up to Larcomar...

Larcomar is basically a mall with tons of restaurants built into the cliffside :) It was rather cool and I'll have to check it out more... We had an amazing dinner, some after dinnner drinks and a nice walk home...

Sunday we went to the Sodiamac which is basically Peru's version of a Lowe's... We did not find the type of storage container for under my side of the sink we were looking for.... Drove back home and then walked up to park Kennedy for lunch... After lunch Scott showed me how to get to the Inka market and Vivanda (another grocery store that I can walk to).... For dinner we just grilled at home... He made the bacon wrapped chicken courdon bleu and I made the rice...

Yesterday I will count as my first real day here.... Scott was at work and I was home alone... I didn't make it outside other than on the balcony because I was an organizing machine... I figured the sooner I get unpacked and organized the sooner I can just enjoy being here and exploring... As a result of being on such an organizing kick, I failed to plan out or cook anything for dinner... So once Scott got home and I showed off all my awesome organization, we went to this really good Arabic place for dinner....

Today's adventure was me going up to the Vivanda by myself to get the rest of the stuff to make dinner with and I might take a walk in the park before Scott gets home.... and I actually will be making dinner :) Tomorrow I think my adventure should include pricing pillows if they have them at the Ripley's department store and searching for bday gifts at the Inka market :) Hopefully Scott will get home at a decent time tonight like he did last night :)

To be contined....

No comments:

Post a Comment