About Me

My photo
I'm an overly dramatic individual doing my best to be a rock star wife that goes in tow where the Army sends her husband... This isn't always an easy task at times... I'm don't find myself to be the most witty, funny or interesting but others tell me that I am... I'll just be cooking and traveling through my sad (probably pathetic) attempt at blogging!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Wedding and such

Considering it's like 15 weeks till my wedding and I have it all pretty much planned... I would say I'm doing great!!! But what happened to BRIDEZILLA!!!??? I was 100% sure that I would be the bridezilla from hell... the kind that make a wedding planner cry... I was hell bent on having an October wedding most likely back in Washington.... I also was going to have a ballgown type dress and all sorts of formal fancy-schmancy shit... Well let's just put the brakes on that pony right there.... Instead I said okay sure why not? to an August wedding in Key West, FL.... I also found a dress that is more along the a-line slim fitting type... I've been waiting for bridezilla to come rearing her gorgeous head but to no avail... No bridezilla action at all!! I've found a wedding planner and asked the appropriate questions regarding the wedding package she quoted for us, found a restaurant to have dinner at after the wedding, found a dress, and found a hotel.... To keep this nice and simple we left to invites to just family in the form of a "we are getting married in Key West on August 20th... If you can make it that's great... If not don't sweat it..." So at most we are going to have 12 guests... Nice and simple :) I'd like to thing of this as more of a great big happy family vacation with a wedding on a Saturday afternoon/evening... Really I have this whole wedding deal all planned out and it's just a matter of finalizing some loose ends... I foresee this event be 90% booked if not 100% done and ready by the end of the month!

Now onto a more serious topic... School... After the event mentioned above, I plan to start working on my bachelors online... This will not only fill up more of my time so I don't get as bored and feel the strong desire to play Farmville but it will also allow me to get a job that doesn't involve serving beverages and food to overly needy and picky "guests"... Now don't get me wrong, serving is a perfectly good job but I've done my time and I'm burnt out on that gig and I'd just like something slightly more fulfilling... I also have become more fond of the idea of that 9 to 5 kinda thing.... Now comes the big question I've had to ask myself, "What should I get my bachelors in?"  Keeping in mind that I did not do so hot in accounting (maybe it's cause I thought dating a bartender in Seattle was a better idea than studying and showing up to class on time or I just generally sucked at it) and I also did not care for economics (maybe because of the first reason as accounting and it was also at 7am which is not my best functioning hour)... Economics seemed to go right over my head even when I tried to apply myself at first... I have ruled out Business Administration as well as any degree that seemed to have an abundance of accounting or economics classes.... The two that have peaked my interest the most are Public Administration and Public Relations & Marketing... I'm willing to take a vote on who thinks I would do better at which one...

Public Administration
or
Public Relations and Marketing

I still have quite some time to figure out the best course of action for me on this one... In the meantime, hopefully I will start some Spanish lessons a couple times a week to hopefully fill up a couple more hours of my day... There is only so much cleaning and facebooking one can do before both become boring....

I totally missed the fact that Wednesday was the 2 month mark since I arrived here in Lima.... Eventually I'll figure out some hobbies and a couple more fulfilling things to do... I'm still trying to find that stereotypical 50's housewife that is buried somewhere deep inside... I have the dress and I have the heels but I do need the pearls (well I have fake pearls but real would be better)... I got a kitchen aid mixer, which is totally bad ass (Thank you mom!), that should help aid in the whole June Cleaver thing... Watch out bitch! I'm coming for you... Your chocolate chip cookies will have nothing on mine! Now I am pretty sure June didn't chug down bottles of wine and mix and match her alcohol to end up with a hangover from hell the next day but I too am slowly getting a grasp on my limitations since I've become a little on the old side since turning 25.....

One nice thing about this not having to work thing and not having too much to do is that I can go draw myself up a nice bubble bath at 2:30 in the afternoon... With that being said, it's bubble bath time!

No comments:

Post a Comment