About Me

My photo
I'm an overly dramatic individual doing my best to be a rock star wife that goes in tow where the Army sends her husband... This isn't always an easy task at times... I'm don't find myself to be the most witty, funny or interesting but others tell me that I am... I'll just be cooking and traveling through my sad (probably pathetic) attempt at blogging!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Baking Adventures

Now in order to kick June Cleaver's ass at chocolate chip cookies (I am not even trying to fuck with Betty Crocker) I need all the proper supplies. Kitchen Aid Mixer - check... chocolate chips - check... butter - check... flour - check... brown sugar and regular sugar - check... vanilla extract - check... baking soda - WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!?!?!?!?

Finding all the proper supplies for making your basic chocolate chip cookies was derailed by a simple ingredient, baking soda.... I'm sure that lucky bitch June just waltzed into her local supermarket in the United States and picked up a box of Arm&Hammer baking soda and dropped it in her basket... I had no such luck... Since I forgot to Google translate what it was in Spanish before we went to Plaza Veya, I wandered up to Vivanda (Plaza Veya was out of our kind of OJ anyways)... After much wandering around, looking in circles, and feeling puzzled, I finally just did my best attempt at asking...

The first person made it sound like this simple little item was towards the front of the store... Again lost and confused, I attempted to ask someone else... That lady directed me to some guy who then asked another guy who then found another guy... That's right I, Anne E. Riley, ended up with 3 guys looking for baking soda... Finally one comes back to tell me that I have to go to the pharmacy to get backing soda... The fucking farmacia for bicarbonato de sosa...

Good news... The pharmacy was across the street and I successfully obtained my damn baking soda... And praise sweet baby baking Jesus that it was only dos soles ($0.73)...

Since I successfully obtained the last ingredient to make cookies, I can now proceed with my mission to kick June Cleaver's ass...

No comments:

Post a Comment