About Me

My photo
I'm an overly dramatic individual doing my best to be a rock star wife that goes in tow where the Army sends her husband... This isn't always an easy task at times... I'm don't find myself to be the most witty, funny or interesting but others tell me that I am... I'll just be cooking and traveling through my sad (probably pathetic) attempt at blogging!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Bidding Adieu to Peru

Well the day has come... I fly out tonight.... Still somewhat in denial but I'm finishing up packing, so I guess we could call that progress? I started off my Peruvian journey with white wine meltdowns and feelings of neglect by my friends. Thankfully I started to get busy with a little bit of wedding planning and started to adjust to every day life in Lima. The social aspect was still quite the disappointment until we got back from Key West. While we were on leave getting married.... Mao, Joe, Midziany, Hector, Ivonne, and Oscar had all moved to Peru to begin their tours here. I found Mao to be overly intense and somewhat scary when I first met her. However that is not the case. She is the most loving, caring individual, who just goes out of her way to make sure everyone has a great time. Midziany and Ivonne are also equally loving and caring. I couldn't have asked for better people to walk into my life here. All of them and their children have made a huge difference in my Lima life. I'm leaving here with a much larger family than I came here with.

There's also friendships that are just beginning. I've met some really fun people in the last couple months of my time here. These friendships might have been short and sweet, but they truly aren't over. I mean who else could I just randomly yell out 49! at and have them respond back with 49! Chris and Guy were a great addition to my ever growing collection of friends.

All the people I've so far mentioned, threw Scott and I an amazing "Going Away" party. I am fondly calling it my "See Ya Later" party. There were other wonderful amazing people that had a hand in the party, as well as the people who came to wish us well. This party also makes it hard to leave Peru. The over the top factor just really showed how much everyone cared to have us in their lives. I can say I'm leaving here a happy, well loved girl :)

Tomorrow evening I'll be arriving at SeaTac International Airport. I'll be greeted by my loving parents and sister :) Once we get home, it's time for a quick shower, dinner, and SLEEP! The next day, it's game on with getting back in touch with all of my Washington friends! I might have gone through a phase where I felt they didn't care anymore, but I just needed to remember life in Washington was going on without me. Time didn't stop and their lives, jobs, etc. didn't stop either just because I left. There is also just a huge difference in the way people in the USA communicate versus down here in Lima. Here we still pick up the phone and call each other because we have no clue if a text will go through. When I left the states, to make plans you just send your friends texts. Not having a stateside cell number really hindered that ability to just text to keep in touch. Well great news Washington friends! I will be back in action as soon as I'm stateside! If you don't remember my old cell number, send me a message on FB and I'll send it to you... But be forewarned, it will probably change like 3 weeks after I get there :) Scott and I can't share a cell phone for too long so I'll give him back his number and get myself a new one!

I guess it's time to bid adieu to Peru... Peru will always have a slice of my heart to call home. I will miss physically seeing my Peru friends, but I know it's not the last time I will see any of them. I look forward to seeing my Washington friends and mostly my family. My Mom has spent countless hours chatting away with me on Facebook so I didn't get bored or lonely :) Thank you to all who have made this place a memorable one.

No comments:

Post a Comment